OIT 3D Printing Service
How it Works
Let us print for you.
- These prints will be configured and run by expert staff at the Co-Lab
- Models are printed on dedicated printers using a variety of materials
- We can provide personalized consultation for each print
- We are faster and less expensive than using online print services
- All money recovered from this service will be used to improve the Co-Lab
- All you need to get started is a .STL file of your model(s)
- Upload your files you want printed
- Add print options and any specific instructions
- Our staff will assess your submission and issue you an estimate. Typically this takes 1-2 business days, but during busy times may be a week
- Review and approve the estimate
- Once the job is approved our staff will print it and notify you when it is done
- After printing is completed, pay for your job before pickup. Payment can be in the form of Credit Card, Fundcodes, FLEX, Bluechips, and Medical Center Invoices.
- Come to the Innovation CoLab at 2 Telecom Dr. to pickup your job
Please note: The Bluesmith Program is Duke's research grade 3D printing service. This is NOT Duke's free 3D printing. If you are looking for the free 3D printing, please visit one of the three Innovation Co-Lab Studio makerspaces where a student staffer can help you get started with that service. Locations, staffed hours, and additional information are available at https://colab.duke.edu/studio.